COPA DEL REY
Javi Fuego: "Playing the second leg in Mestalla is important"
The Valencia captain noted that Barcelona are "the most in-form team at the moment" after Friday's draw but said his side are full of confidence.
Javi Fuego analyzed Friday’s Copa del Rey draw, which pitted Valencia against Barcelona in the semi-finals. “Playing the second leg in Mestalla is important for us. Barcelona are the most in-form club at the moment but we are sure we can go into the tie with confidence."
Valencia director Juan Cruz Sol also spoke at the Spanish Football Federation’s headquarters after the draw: “They are the form team in Spain but we will give them a fight and we’re excited about the draw. The team is taking on a different style of play and above all is playing with huge enthusiasm, and that is allied with the hopes of the fans. I think it will be a very difficult tie. The cup is a competition that the club enjoys and the tie is a great opportunity because it has lent us a bit of a change of rhythm in recent times and it will be a huge moment for the club if we can knock Barcelona out.”
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022