COPA DEL REY
Javi Fuego: "Playing the second leg in Mestalla is important"
The Valencia captain noted that Barcelona are "the most in-form team at the moment" after Friday's draw but said his side are full of confidence.
Javi Fuego analyzed Friday’s Copa del Rey draw, which pitted Valencia against Barcelona in the semi-finals. “Playing the second leg in Mestalla is important for us. Barcelona are the most in-form club at the moment but we are sure we can go into the tie with confidence."
Valencia director Juan Cruz Sol also spoke at the Spanish Football Federation’s headquarters after the draw: “They are the form team in Spain but we will give them a fight and we’re excited about the draw. The team is taking on a different style of play and above all is playing with huge enthusiasm, and that is allied with the hopes of the fans. I think it will be a very difficult tie. The cup is a competition that the club enjoys and the tie is a great opportunity because it has lent us a bit of a change of rhythm in recent times and it will be a huge moment for the club if we can knock Barcelona out.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71