Swansea City sign Chievo striker Alberto Paloschi
The Swans have paid in the region of 10.5 million euros to bring the former Milan, Parma and Genoa striker to the Liberty Stadium.
Swansea City signed Chievo striker Alberto Paloschi for a fee believed to be £8 million (10.5 million euros) on Friday as the 26-year-old renews his link-up with head coach Francesco Guidolin.
Paloschi, who has penned a three-and-a-half year deal with the Welsh club, worked with Guidolin during his time at Parma between 2008 and 2010.
'I'm very happy to be here. I worked with Francesco for two seasons at Parma and we got promoted,' the striker told the club's official website.
'When I received a call from my agent to tell me that Swansea were interested it was great, but even more so because of the manager -- it makes a big difference. I know the situation of the club and, being a striker, I know the expectation is to score goals and I've come here to do that.'
Swansea are currently in 16th place in the Premier League, four points above the relegation zone.
Paloschi began his career with AC Milan, making his senior debut in February 2008, but due to limited first-team opportunities, he then moved to Parma, scoring 12 goals in his first season as the club won promotion back to Italy's top-flight under Guidolin.
Further spells with Genoa and Milan followed before he signed for Chievo in August 2011, where he scored 42 goals in 145 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos' presence set to shake up El Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cavani poised for Man Utd debut against Chelsea
- MALLORCA Tug of war between Spanish and Argentine FA over Luka Romero
- Ligue 1 Tuchel not concerned by doubts over Parc des Princes future
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Bundesliga live
- Manchester United - Chelsea Solskjaer calls for Chelsea consistency to back up PSG win