LA LIGA | BARÇA - ATLÉTICO
Barça are ready: Neymar and Alba in, Bartra still out
A few hours prior to today's big KO we have an update from the home team squad.
With the novelty of Jordi Alba, who was given the all clear to play this morning, Luis Enrique named 18 players for the 16:00 CET game against Atletico Madrid. Arda, who was suffering with angina and unable to play not against Athletic Club de Bilbao, also returns to the list. The squad are Bravo, Ter Stegen, Pique, Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Daniel Alves, Arda, Iniesta, Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Mascherano, Munir, Alba, Sergi Roberto, Aleix, Vermaelen and Mathieu.
The only significant absence is that of Bartra, who has been central to Luis Enrique’s recent plans. Others missing are Adriano, Sandro and Douglas as well as the goalkeeper, Masip. The final Barça 11 will be announced around 14:30 CET with the expected starting line-up being: Bravo; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar and Suarez. Enrique, and the players themselves, will be aware that Mascherano and Neymar are sitting on four yellow cards.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu