LA LIGA | BARÇA - ATLÉTICO
Barça are ready: Neymar and Alba in, Bartra still out
A few hours prior to today's big KO we have an update from the home team squad.
With the novelty of Jordi Alba, who was given the all clear to play this morning, Luis Enrique named 18 players for the 16:00 CET game against Atletico Madrid. Arda, who was suffering with angina and unable to play not against Athletic Club de Bilbao, also returns to the list. The squad are Bravo, Ter Stegen, Pique, Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Daniel Alves, Arda, Iniesta, Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Mascherano, Munir, Alba, Sergi Roberto, Aleix, Vermaelen and Mathieu.
The only significant absence is that of Bartra, who has been central to Luis Enrique’s recent plans. Others missing are Adriano, Sandro and Douglas as well as the goalkeeper, Masip. The final Barça 11 will be announced around 14:30 CET with the expected starting line-up being: Bravo; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar and Suarez. Enrique, and the players themselves, will be aware that Mascherano and Neymar are sitting on four yellow cards.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Pep Guardiola calls for Man City shutdown after UEFA decision
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mané looks to surpass Ronaldo, Dortmund prepare for Mbappé – UCL in Opta numbers
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Report links club with Facebook accounts aimed at damaging players' images
- MANCHESTER UNITED Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"