LALIGA | BARÇA 2 - ATLÉTICO 1
Filipe left his stud marks on Messi’s knee
Direct red for the Brazilian who came in studs high in reckless challenge on Messi. He, Godín and Juanfran miss the next game against Eibar.
Filipe Luis’ reckless challenge on Leo Messi left the Argentinean writhing in pain and with an abrasion clearly visible on his knee. Luis Enrique came racing off his bench to protest after the Atlético full-back went in studs high – an unnecessary challenge which deserved a direct red card, leaving the visitors on 10 men. Filipe will miss Atlético’s next league, at home to Eibar next Saturday.
Simeone will also be without two other members of his back four for the Eibar game; Juanfran picked up a booking for a foul on Neymar and completes a cycle of five meaning that he is automatically suspended while Diego Godín was sent off for a second bookable offence – both for late tackles on Luis Suárez.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona