LALIGA | BARÇA 2 - ATLÉTICO 1
Filipe left his stud marks on Messi’s knee
Direct red for the Brazilian who came in studs high in reckless challenge on Messi. He, Godín and Juanfran miss the next game against Eibar.
Filipe Luis’ reckless challenge on Leo Messi left the Argentinean writhing in pain and with an abrasion clearly visible on his knee. Luis Enrique came racing off his bench to protest after the Atlético full-back went in studs high – an unnecessary challenge which deserved a direct red card, leaving the visitors on 10 men. Filipe will miss Atlético’s next league, at home to Eibar next Saturday.
Simeone will also be without two other members of his back four for the Eibar game; Juanfran picked up a booking for a foul on Neymar and completes a cycle of five meaning that he is automatically suspended while Diego Godín was sent off for a second bookable offence – both for late tackles on Luis Suárez.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard's Chelsea equal entire 2019-20 error tally in 45 minutes
- Atlético Madrid Simeone wants Suárez to be a Falcao-like catalyst for success
- Premier League Premier League Preview: Liverpool vs Arsenal
- Premier League Solskjaer admits Man Utd 'got away with one' after last-gasp victory
- STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus checks: what is proposed in Democrats' new $2.4 trillion plan?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: update on coronavirus economic relief bill