BARCELONA 2 - ATLÉTICO 1
Luis Enrique boils over after Filipe's challenge on Messi
The Barcelona coach vented his rage on the fourth official after the Atlético defender went in with studs on the Argentina captain.
Filipe Luis received a straight red card for his challenge on Leo Messi in the first half at Camp Nou, provoking a furious response from the Barcelona manager.
Messi returned to action in November after picking up a knee ligament injury against Las Palmas in September, coming off the bench in Barcelona's 4-0 victory over Real Madrid at the Bernabéu. Luis' challenge was studs down on Messi's left knee, the same one that he injured in Las Palmas, and left bruising and clear marks from the Brazilian's boot.
"You all saw my reaction, it was shocking," Enrique said in his post-match press conference.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January