BARCELONA 2 - ATLÉTICO 1
Luis Enrique boils over after Filipe's challenge on Messi
The Barcelona coach vented his rage on the fourth official after the Atlético defender went in with studs on the Argentina captain.
Filipe Luis received a straight red card for his challenge on Leo Messi in the first half at Camp Nou, provoking a furious response from the Barcelona manager.
Messi returned to action in November after picking up a knee ligament injury against Las Palmas in September, coming off the bench in Barcelona's 4-0 victory over Real Madrid at the Bernabéu. Luis' challenge was studs down on Messi's left knee, the same one that he injured in Las Palmas, and left bruising and clear marks from the Brazilian's boot.
"You all saw my reaction, it was shocking," Enrique said in his post-match press conference.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Alexander-Arnold: "Madrid holds good memories but we've got a job to do tomorrow"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- Neymar ready to face Borussia Dortmund, Tuchel confirms
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite's agent arrives to open talks
- LAUREUS 2020 Messi and Lewis Hamilton share Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award