LALIGA | BARÇA 2 - ATLÉTICO 1
Godín: two fouls, two yellows
The Uruguayan central defender was sent off in the 64th minute for a second yellow, two fouls on Suarez cost him two yellows and one red card, leaving Atletico Madrid with nine.
Neither Diego Simeone or Clemente Villaverde would be drawn to comment on the performance of referee Undiano Mallenco at the Camp Nou, where two Atletico Madrid players were sent off. The azulgranas committed 7 fouls and the rojiblancos 18. Of those 18, two were committed by Diego Godín, both on Luis Suarez, each punished with a yellow card.
The first tackle on his Uruguayan compatriot came in the 23rd minute, Suarez was protecting the ball and Godín kicked the back of his supporting leg, the first yellow with Atleti 0-1 up.
The second yellow came in the 64th minute when the centre-back slid in with a suicide tackle and Suarez took flight, bringing the wrath of Mallenco and an early bath for Diego.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability