Watford snap up Mario Suárez from Fiorentina for €5.5 million
The former Atlético midfielder was swayed by Quique Sánchez Flores after failing to nail down a regular starting spot in Florence.
Watford have completed the signing of Mario Suárez from Fiorentina, the Premier League club have announced on their official website. The former Atlético Madrid midfielder moved to the Artemio Franchi last summer but has failed to nail down a regular place in the side, making nine appearances in Serie A and four in the Europa League.
Suárez, 28, has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Vicarage Road for a fee of 5.5 million euros. Key to the midfielder’s decision to join Watford was the presence of Quique Sánchez Flores at the Premier League club. The two worked together during their time at Atlético, where they won the Europa League and the European Supercup.
Suárez has also played for Valladolid, Celta and Mallorca during his career but enjoyed his greatest period of success under Diego Simeone at the Calderón, during which time he added another Europa League, a European Supercup, a Copa del Rey, a Liga title and a Spanish Supercup.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Man City chief says alleged FFP breaches are "simply not true"
- Qatar 2022 Eto'o: The 2022 World Cup will be an exceptional experience for fans
- Dortmund 2-1 PSG Haaland: Dortmund star touches world 60m record against PSG
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "Anfield's very old, it wouldn't pass the UEFA inspection"
- Champions League Mourinho looking to end six-year Champions League drought
- Transfer market Messi: LA Galaxy offer Barça star escape route amid crisis