Watford snap up Mario Suárez from Fiorentina for €5.5 million
The former Atlético midfielder was swayed by Quique Sánchez Flores after failing to nail down a regular starting spot in Florence.
Watford have completed the signing of Mario Suárez from Fiorentina, the Premier League club have announced on their official website. The former Atlético Madrid midfielder moved to the Artemio Franchi last summer but has failed to nail down a regular place in the side, making nine appearances in Serie A and four in the Europa League.
Suárez, 28, has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Vicarage Road for a fee of 5.5 million euros. Key to the midfielder’s decision to join Watford was the presence of Quique Sánchez Flores at the Premier League club. The two worked together during their time at Atlético, where they won the Europa League and the European Supercup.
Suárez has also played for Valladolid, Celta and Mallorca during his career but enjoyed his greatest period of success under Diego Simeone at the Calderón, during which time he added another Europa League, a European Supercup, a Copa del Rey, a Liga title and a Spanish Supercup.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL Bale starts for Wales 34 days after last game
- REAL MADRID Karim Benzema vs. French FA wrangle intensifies
- SERIE A Lukaku contradicts Solskjaer: "He wanted me to stay"
- Alonso: I left Real Madrid because of Guardiola
- 'They make everything easy' - Liverpool star Mane hails Salah and Firmino
- BARCELONA Griezmann's former agent weighs in on Barcelona struggles