Watford snap up Mario Suárez from Fiorentina for €5.5 million
The former Atlético midfielder was swayed by Quique Sánchez Flores after failing to nail down a regular starting spot in Florence.
Watford have completed the signing of Mario Suárez from Fiorentina, the Premier League club have announced on their official website. The former Atlético Madrid midfielder moved to the Artemio Franchi last summer but has failed to nail down a regular place in the side, making nine appearances in Serie A and four in the Europa League.
Suárez, 28, has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Vicarage Road for a fee of 5.5 million euros. Key to the midfielder’s decision to join Watford was the presence of Quique Sánchez Flores at the Premier League club. The two worked together during their time at Atlético, where they won the Europa League and the European Supercup.
Suárez has also played for Valladolid, Celta and Mallorca during his career but enjoyed his greatest period of success under Diego Simeone at the Calderón, during which time he added another Europa League, a European Supercup, a Copa del Rey, a Liga title and a Spanish Supercup.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match