RAYO | PITI | ITURRA
Rayo Vallecano confirm deals for Piti and Manuel Iturra
Piti is back at the Madrid club on a contract running until June 2017, while the Chilean midfielder arrives at Vallecas on loan for the rest of the season.
Rayo Vallecano have confirmed Piti’s return to the club, with the 34-year-old signing a deal at Vallecas until the end of next season.
And on a busy day of transfer business, the Franjirrojos have also announced the loan signing of midfielder Manuel Iturra for the remainder of the campaign.
The pair bring Rayo’s January transfer window reinforcements to four, in the wake of loan moves for José Ángel Crespo and Aras Özbiliz.
Having fallen down the pecking order at Granada under José Ramón Sandoval, forward Piti parted company with the Andalusians on Friday before quickly agreeing terms with Rayo after talks with the Madrid outfit.
Following two loan stints at Rayo, Piti joined permanently in 2008, departing in 2013 having made a total of 217 appearances and scored 57 times for the club.
His final season at Rayo saw him claim a career-high return of 18 La Liga goals, helping Paco Jémez’s men to a best-ever top-flight finish of eighth.
Meanwhile, Chile cap Iturra arrives from Italians Udinese, where he had featured in 17 Serie A games this term. With periods at Murcia, Malaga and Granada also on his CV, this will be the 31-year-old’s fourth spell in Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ligue 1 Mbappé and Neymar on target to secure PSG win
- Ballon d'Or Mane snubbed for being African, claims Kouyate
- REAL MADRID Sancho, Vinicius, Joao Felix: in that order for Zidane
- BARCELONA Barça renew Ansu Fati and increase release clause to €170M
- Rapinoe asks Ronaldo and Messi to 'help' in fight against racism, sexism
- REAL MADRID “Florentino's arrival at Madrid was a turning point for the club" - Butragueño