BUNDESLIGA | BAYERN MUNICH
Javi Martínez suffers fresh injury setback
The bayern midfielder has picked up another problem in his left knee after a cruciate injury suffered in August 2014.
Bayern Munich's injury crisis in defence looks to have worsened with Javi Martínez reportedly ruled out of Sunday's Bundesliga match against Hoffenheim and set to miss the coming weeks.
Both magazine Kicker and German daily Bild claim Martinez "will be out for weeks" having injured his left knee, the same joint in which he tore the cruciate ligament in August 2014.
It would make him the 15th Bayern player to have picked up an injury this season.
With Germany defender Jerome Boateng already missing with a groin injury, it means Bayern coach Pep Guardiola has just one fully-fit centre-back in Holger Badstuber.
Medhi Benatia is on his way back from injury, while wing-back Rafinha is recovering from a bruised knee.
There are just over three weeks before Bayern play last season's finalists Juventus away in the last 16, first leg, of the Champions League with the return match in Munich on March 16.
On Friday, Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge insisted the club will not bring in a new player for Boateng, with the January transfer window to close at 1800 local time (1700 GMT) on Monday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion