Cheryshev loaned to Valencia
Sevilla pushed hard to land the player who will spend the rest of the season under Gary Neville’s orders. He could debut against Barça on Wednesday night.Celta-Valencia live
Denis Cheryshev will join Valencia on loan for the remainder of the season. During the past few hours, the Russia international was linked with a move back to Sevilla, where he spent a season on loan in 2012-13; but in the end, he will play under the orders of Gary Neville. Cheryshev attracted the attention of a number of clubs last summer, including Valencia, but then-Real Madrid coach Rafa Benítez decided not to offload him.
Madrid have been seeking an outlet for Cheryshev in the January window and the player has been keen to gain more playing time. Florentino Pérez blocked the possibility of the midfielder returning to Villarreal where he spent last season on loan, after the problems which arose after Cheryshev was illegally fielded in last month’s Copa del Rey tie against Cádiz. As a result, Madrid were disqualified from the competition. Ironically, Cheryshev could make his Valencia debut in the same tournament on Wednesday, when Neville’s team take on Barcelona in the first leg of the semi-finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?