Deadline day roundup
With the 2015-16 winter transfer window now firmly shut we look back at January’s comings and goings in the Spanish top flight.
With a player registration ban around the corner Atlético Madrid look to have added some Brazilian flair to their academy in the form of 18-year-old Sao Paulo forward Caio Henrique.
Word on the street yesterday morning was that Denis Cheryshev was on his way to join Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool, then the speculation turned to him going to Unai Emery’s Sevilla, however, it was Gary Neville’s Valencia who came in to claim the man who singlehandedly knocked Real Madrid out of the Copa del Rey as their own.
Getafe announced the arrival of Uruguayan international Álvaro Pereira to bolster Fran Escribà’s side.
OFICIAL | Álvaro Pereira, nuevo jugador del Getafe https://t.co/nwvFGHKvKj— Getafe C.F. (@GetafeCF) February 1, 2016
Granada decided to loan Neuton Sergiuo Piccoli to Albacete until the end of the season presumably to make room for Ricardo Costa. The former Valencia defender returns to LaLiga after spells in Greece and Qatar.
José Ramón Sandoval also managed to clinch former La Masía starlet Isaac Cuenca before the fax machine was unplugged.
Shortly after the cut-off time Málaga confirmed the arrival of promising the Uruguayan defender Federico Ricca. The Costa del Sol outfit had earlier made a deal to take Ikechukwu Uche off Villarreal’s hands.
Zaragoza have taken Sporting Gijón’s Alberto Guitián on loan for the rest of the season.
Following last week’s surprise Giuseppe Rossi signing, rock-bottom placed Levante reinforced further yesterday in the form of Carl Medjani, Lucas Orban and Joan Verdu.
Having never been able to lock down a place under Paco Jémez, Lass bid farewell to Rayo Vallecano yesterday to join Ligue 1 side Stade de Reims.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”