REAL MADRID | PEPE
Real reveal Pepe foot issue to see training absence continue
Madrid issued a statement confirming their medical staff "have decided to continue the recovery work on the plantar fascia discomfort in his right foot over the coming days".
Real Madrid have revealed that “plantar fascia discomfort” is behind defender Pepe’s inability to train with the rest of his team-mates since last week.
Los Blancos had been yet to provide any official comment on the foot injury, which also kept the Portugal international out of Zinedine Zidane’s squad for the weekend La Liga victory over Espanyol.
A medical report published on Madrid’s website on Tuesday confirmed that the 32-year-old will remain an absentee from group training until given the green light by club doctors.
The statement read: “After new tests carried out today on the player Pepe at the Sanitas La Moraleja University Hospital, the Real Madrid medical services have decided to continue the recovery work on the plantar fascia discomfort in his right foot over the coming days.
Real added: “His recovery will continue to be assessed.”
Te recomendamos en English
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT Supreme Court votes to uphold the Affordable Care Act: how does this affect me?
- AMERICAN FAMILY PLAN What is a "death tax" and what's Biden proposal?
- NBA Bucks vs Nets Game 7 live online score: NBA Playoff stats, highlights, updates...
- FATHER'S DAY 2021 Why is Father’s Day celebrated in June?
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020: Spain's options of making the Last 16
- USMNT Barcelona: agreement with Olympique Marseille for Konrad de la Fuente