REAL MADRID | PEPE
Real reveal Pepe foot issue to see training absence continue
Madrid issued a statement confirming their medical staff "have decided to continue the recovery work on the plantar fascia discomfort in his right foot over the coming days".
Real Madrid have revealed that “plantar fascia discomfort” is behind defender Pepe’s inability to train with the rest of his team-mates since last week.
Los Blancos had been yet to provide any official comment on the foot injury, which also kept the Portugal international out of Zinedine Zidane’s squad for the weekend La Liga victory over Espanyol.
A medical report published on Madrid’s website on Tuesday confirmed that the 32-year-old will remain an absentee from group training until given the green light by club doctors.
The statement read: “After new tests carried out today on the player Pepe at the Sanitas La Moraleja University Hospital, the Real Madrid medical services have decided to continue the recovery work on the plantar fascia discomfort in his right foot over the coming days.
Real added: “His recovery will continue to be assessed.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”