ATLÉTICO MADRID | JACKSON
Atleti sell Jackson to Guangzhou Evergrande for 42 million euros
Guangzhou Evergrande have acquired the striker in Asian football’s biggest ever transfer. Copa del Rey live:Quarter Final Draw
It’s official. Jackson Martínez is off to Chine. Atlético Madrid have sold the Colombian striker to Guangzhou Evergrande for 42 million euros.
The Asian transfer market closes on 26 February. Atleti had attempted to make the sale on Monday, to attempt to use the money brought in for a replacement before the Spanish market closed, however at that point the striker said he was unwilling to make the move.
However with the operation still on the table Jackson today agreed and now goes down in the record books as the biggest ever Asian football acquisition to date.
Simeone had made it clear that there was no place for the striker in his plans and had asked Miguel Ángel Gil Marín to sell him and bring in Diego Costa. Abramovich refused an offer for the Brazilian born Spaniard though and wouldn’t contemplate Jackson being included in any deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Donald Trump links job numbers to a ‘great day’ for George Floyd
- Coronavirus New York records lowest number of daily coronavirus deaths since pandemic started
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd death: what do we know about the four police officers? Charges and backgrounds
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- Coronavirus How much money has been sent in stimulus checks and how much remains unsent?