ATLÉTICO MADRID | JACKSON
Atleti sell Jackson to Guangzhou Evergrande for 42 million euros
Guangzhou Evergrande have acquired the striker in Asian football’s biggest ever transfer. Copa del Rey live:Quarter Final Draw
It’s official. Jackson Martínez is off to Chine. Atlético Madrid have sold the Colombian striker to Guangzhou Evergrande for 42 million euros.
The Asian transfer market closes on 26 February. Atleti had attempted to make the sale on Monday, to attempt to use the money brought in for a replacement before the Spanish market closed, however at that point the striker said he was unwilling to make the move.
However with the operation still on the table Jackson today agreed and now goes down in the record books as the biggest ever Asian football acquisition to date.
Simeone had made it clear that there was no place for the striker in his plans and had asked Miguel Ángel Gil Marín to sell him and bring in Diego Costa. Abramovich refused an offer for the Brazilian born Spaniard though and wouldn’t contemplate Jackson being included in any deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA commits to 12 host cities for delayed Euro 2020
- COPA DEL REY Rayo Vallecano 1-2 Barcelona: result, summary and goals
- INTER MILAN Conte glad as Lukaku shows anger after Ibrahimovic outburst
- Football AFC draw sets up impressive clashes
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Third stimulus check: what will the minimum age be to claim payment?
- UNITED STATES Third stimulus check: when is it expected to be approved?