Barça's 2016-17 shirt to return to vertical stripe design
The strip the Azulgrana will sport next season has been doing the rounds on the internet. As yet, it features no sponsor as the club continues to seek a deal.
For a few days now what could be Barcelona’s shirt for the 2016-17 season has been circulating on the internet. On Tuesday specialist website todosobrecamisetas.com released an image of the new strip, which features the traditional vertical stripes and is similar in design to the 1991-92 shirt the team wore in achieving their first European Cup. Although the side wore orange in the final at Wembley against Sampdoria, after the match the players switched to the claret and blue for the presentation.
The shirt is also devoid of sponsorship as Barça continue to try and secure a deal for next season. A delegation was sent to Qatar last week, led by club vice-president Manel Arroyo, which made some headway in negotiations but without anything concrete on paper. Another expedition has been in California to hold talks with various companies with a view to sealing an agreement, as AS reported on January 26, with a US firm to sponsor the 2016-17 strip.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?