Hart says Pellegrini deserves a silver send-off
The Sky Blue’s shot-stopper wants to honour the outgoing Chilean with some silverware before the season’s out.
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart says that he and his team-mates “love” outgoing manager Manuel Pellegrini and are determined to give him a trophy-laden send-off before the arrival of new boss Pep Guardiola.
City announced on Wednesday that Bayern Munich coach Guardiola will take over from Pellegrini at the end of the season, bringing an end to the Chilean's three-year stay at the Etihad Stadium.
The team are still in contention for Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup glory and Hart says it would be fitting for Pellegrini, 62, to bow out with some silverware in his hands.
"We're here to win titles, Manuel's here to win titles"
“It was never going to be a distraction. We're here to win titles, Manuel's here to win titles”, Hart said after Tuesday's 1-0 win at Sunderland, which kept City three points below league leaders Leicester City.
“We back him. We love him as our manager”.
Hart added, on CityTV: “He has been a top manager for us. His man-management has been something that I personally have really enjoyed, so we are going to look to give him the best send-off, what he deserves.
“The fans think the world of him, the players think the world of him. We have got however many games left in the league, we are in all competitions.
"Next season will take care of itself"
“Next season will take care of itself. Right now, we are living in the moment. Manuel Pellegrini is our manager and we are going to try to win as many competitions as we can with him”.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?