Three match ban for Atleti's Filipe Luis for Messi challenge
The Disciplinary Committee deemed that his tackle on Messi was “violent play” and the Brazilian will be forced to miss three matches.
The Disciplinary Committee have punished Atletico Madrid defender Felipe Luis with a three match ban. The sanction has been handed out to the Brazilian after his robust challenge on Leo Messi last Saturday at Camp Nou. The incident occurred in the last minute of the first half and the player was awarded a straight red card by match official, Undiano Mallenco. The Committee, after studying the incident in detail deemed that “violent play” was employed by the Atleti player and announced the sanction after their weekly meeting in Madrid this morning.
As is the procedure in Spanish football, Atlético will be expected to appeal the decisión in the hope that the sanction be reduced. As it stands, Simeone will be without his first choice left-back for the forthcoming LaLiga games against Eibar, Getafe and Villarreal but will be back for the Madrid Derby on February 27 at the Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?