Del Bosque: "We can’t announce a squad every Sunday"
The Spain manager said that Aritz Aduriz will not be ruled out of future squads because of his age and that Casillas criticism won't affect his chances.
Spain manager Vicente del Bosque gave an interview to Spanish national broadcaster La1 during which he looked back on his spell in charge of Real Madrid – one that ended in some acrimony when he was sacked by Florentino Pérez hours after winning the Liga title and having delivered two European titles – and his future at the helm of La Roja.
Champions League: “It is very difficult to win [the Champions League]. We were very lucky and we had very good players and the club was moving in a good direction at the time. Without being fatuous or arrogant, I think that maybe if we had continued, we would have won more Champions Leagues.”
Piqué: “Some people are bothered by me speaking highly of him. Sometimes he sees things from a better point of view than us but we’re not anybody to tell people what to do and change his conduct. Maybe it’s the case that it is his conduct that is correct.”
Aduriz: “We can’t announce a squad every Sunday. We’ll see what happens in March. We won’t leave anyone out of consideration over a question of age.”
Casillas: “Criticism has no influence on who will be in the starting 11.”
Future: “We have time to make sure that the national team will not be left leaderless. The day I leave everything will done properly and correctly.”
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"