Barcelona test security measures on Valencia fans
The Camp Nou away section had huge polycarbonate sheets placed in front of the fans, in line with Uefa demands.
Following Uefa’s demands for greater security at matches, Barcelona tonight decided to test the plastic barriers that will fence off the away fans from the rest of the ground at the Camp Nou for Champions League matches.
Barça have put huge sheets of transparent polycarbonate up around the away end for tonight’s Copa del Rey visit from Gary Neville’s side. Uefa have demanded the measures are in place for the visit of Arsenal on 16 March.
The main beneficiaries of the change are the home fans who sit directly beneath the away section, and who on occasion have been subjected to both verbal and physical abuse, the latter in the form of objects and liquids hurled onto them.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"