Barcelona test security measures on Valencia fans
The Camp Nou away section had huge polycarbonate sheets placed in front of the fans, in line with Uefa demands.
Following Uefa’s demands for greater security at matches, Barcelona tonight decided to test the plastic barriers that will fence off the away fans from the rest of the ground at the Camp Nou for Champions League matches.
Barça have put huge sheets of transparent polycarbonate up around the away end for tonight’s Copa del Rey visit from Gary Neville’s side. Uefa have demanded the measures are in place for the visit of Arsenal on 16 March.
The main beneficiaries of the change are the home fans who sit directly beneath the away section, and who on occasion have been subjected to both verbal and physical abuse, the latter in the form of objects and liquids hurled onto them.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem