LEVANTE - BARCELONA
Rossi: “It’s ridiculous to say that we’re scared of Barca”
Levante UD newcomer Giuseppe Rossi has dismissed claims that the Valencian outfit are trembling at the prospect of hosting league leaders Barcelona at Ciutat de València on Sunday. The New Jersey-born Italian reckons Los Granotas have a clear game plan and know how to frustrate the Blaugrana front line.
“It’s ridiculous to say we’re scared. We know how to play football and we’re well up for the game. We’re fighting for our survival in La Liga. We need to be hungry for this match and play well”, the former Villarreal hitman stated.
"We need to be hungry and play well"
“At the end of the day anything can happen. We need follow the gaffer’s instructions and have the belief that we can pick up points against them. This is also an opportunity to savour. Getting to play against such a great team is something we need to enjoy. We know it will be tricky to get a result but we have to try. When I played against them with Villarreal we always put them under pressure. You have to press them and keep as much possession as possible. When you don’t have the ball you end up running more”.
"Verdú has a great understanding of football"
Rossi also spoke about the arrival of Joan Verdú to the division’s bottom-placed side. “He has a great understanding of football. I linked up really well with him at Fiorentina. He’s a fantastic signing and should help us a lot this season”.
Giuseppe Rossi shared a very sweet moment with a Levante fan during his unveiling at the La Liga club.https://t.co/21IEpB71DD— AtTheBuzzer (@TheBuzzerOnFOX) January 28, 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?