BARCELONA | TER STEGEN
Ter Stegen considering leaving Barça at season's end
The 23-year-old is not happy with his role as cup keeper and is planning to hold talks with the club about his future at Camp Nou.
Marc-André ter Stegen is considering leaving Camp Nou at the end of the season, according to a report from Barcelona-based daily Sport. The German is not happy with his role as cup keeper at Barça and sees his chances of dislodging Claudio Bravo as number one as fairly remote.
Sport reported that Ter Stegen has asked for a meeting to clarify his future at the club and if he does not receive assurances about playing in La Liga next season he could seek an exit either on a loan deal or a permanent basis.
Ter Stegen is highly rated by the club and there is a reluctance to let him leave; Liverpool reportedly lodged a bid for the keeper in January. Barça would prefer to keep Ter Stegen in their squad as he is seen as a bet for the future and at just 23 has a long career ahead of him. However, Luis Enrique has full confidence in Chile keeper Bravo and the club is considering offering him a contract extension beyond the two years that remain on his current deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?