SEVILLA | GAMEIRO
Gameiro on course for most prolific campaign at Sevilla
The striker has already matched his scoring return from last season, and is staking his claim for inclusion in the France squad at the summer's European Championship.
Sevilla striker Kevin Gameiro took centre stage in Thursday night's 4-0 win over Celta Vigo in the first leg of the last four, grabbing two goals as Unai Emery's men put one foot in the final.
And the Frenchman, who has consistently recognised that his hopes of making his country's squad for Euro 2016 come down to the regularity with which he can hit the net, is on pace for a best ever goal haul for Sevilla.
His brace against Celta lifted his total in all competitions this term to 17, seeing him draw level with his return for last year and moving him to just four off the 21 he notched up in 2013/14, with plenty of time remaining in the current campaign.
The 28-year-old is enjoying his finest period of form since moving to the Sánchez Pizjuán, and - following the departures of Carlos Bacca and Ciro Immobile - is grabbing the responsibility of leading the Andalusians' attack with both hands.
"My team-mates are telling me to carry on like this and to keep on scoring more goals," says Gameiro. "We have a good group of players and the right mindset."
There's no doubt about it: Gameiro is knocking hard on Les Bleus' door.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?