PREMIER LEAGUE | MAN CITY 1-3 LEICESTER
Huth fires fairytale Leicester six points clear of Man City
Robert Huth scored twice as Leicester City produced an astonishing demonstration of their Premier League title credentials, beating closest rivals Manchester City 3-1.
Robert Huth scored twice as Leicester City produced an astonishing demonstration of their Premier League title credentials by winning 3-1 at closest rivals Manchester City on Saturday.
Huth broke the deadlock in the third minute from a Riyad Mahrez free-kick and after Mahrez had netted a brilliant solo goal early in the first half, the German centre-back headed in his second goal from a corner on the hour.
Sergio Aguero replied for City with a glancing header in the 87th minute - his seventh goal in five games - but a rain-lashed day at the Etihad Stadium belonged to Leicester.
It was the most sensational win to date of their fairytale 12-month rise from the bottom to the top of the table and left Claudio Ranieri's side six points clear of second-place City.
Tottenham Hotspur, who host Watford later on Saturday, and Arsenal, who visit Bournemouth on Sunday, are both two points further back.
Leicester have now won three league games in a row and remain on course for the most improbable English title triumph since promoted Nottingham Forest won the league in 1977-78.
City, playing at home for the first time since Pep Guardiola was announced as the successor to manager Manuel Pellegrini, have now lost six league games this season - as many as when they last won the league in 2014.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move