Barcelona "demand respect" over "basic rights" from journalists
The club have issued a statement in relation to the violent incident involving the father of Neymar, demanding respect from journalists.
Barcelona have issued a statement saying they have analysed the incident involving a “small group” of journalists and the father of Neymar and on the basis of this the club “demand respect” for the right of people related to Barcelona to refuse to make statements or answer questions.
The player’s father reacted angrily to repeated questioning from journalists in the early hours of this morning.
According to Barcelona the rights of journalists can’t take precedence over a duty to respect the freedom of individuals and basic good manners. The short statement finishes by saying the club will take measures to protect these basic rights.
The statement is only available in Spanish and Catalan at the time this article was published.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live