LALIGA | LEVANTE 0-2 BARCELONA
Andres Iniesta: "Unspectacular Barcelona still too good"
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta admitted the European champions were not at their best, despite beating bottom-of-the-table Levante 2-0 on Sunday. Sporting vs Barcelona
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta admitted the European champions were far from their brilliant best despite taking another step towards retaining their La Liga title with a 2-0 win at bottom-of-the-table Levante on Sunday.
David Navarro's first-half own goal and Luis Suarez's 36th goal of the season deep into stoppage time sealed Barca's 10th consecutive win to move three points clear of Atletico Madrid with a game in hand at the top of the table.
Victory also extended Barca's unbeaten run in all competitions to 28 games, matching the previous club record set by Pep Guardiola's side in 2010/11.
"Perhaps it wasn't a spectacular game," Iniesta told Canal Plus. 'But they are three important points and it was very important for us not to drop points here".
Wednesday's 7-0 thrashing of Valencia aside, Barca have begun to show signs of fatigue in recent weeks after an already gruelling schedule this season as they remain on track to repeat their treble triumph of Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey from last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona-Real Madrid Clasico: Barcelona-Real Madrid brace for Camp Nou protests
- Ligue 1 'PSG star Neymar provokes opponents and cries when kicked'
- SERGIO RAMOS Ramos: Let's create a Ballon d'Or just for Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo
- Transfer rumours Liverpool's Sadio Mané wanted as PSG's Neymar replacement
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Vinicius puts himself back on the map
- PSG PSG: Tuchel "is finished" after Mbappé spat, says Dugarry