LIGUE 1 | LUCAS SILVA
Midfielder Lucas Silva out in the cold at Marseille
The Brazilian was not included in the squad for l'OM's match-up with PSG, with president Vincent Labrune unhappy at his rejection of a move to Anderlecht.
With Marseille facing leaders Paris Saint-Germain in a glamour Ligue 1 clash on Sunday night, no place was found for midfielder Lucas Silva in coach Michel's 20-man matchday squad.
Silva, who is on loan at the Stade Velodrome from La Liga giants Real Madrid, is fit to play. But, according to beIN Sports, the French club opted to leave him on the sidelines.
The decision is said to have been taken by club president Vincent Labrune, with the l'OM chief allegedly extremely unhappy at the Brazilian's rejection of a January move to Belgians Anderlecht.
This week, Silva was also informed by Marseille that his name would no longer be on the team's list of players registered for this term's Europa League.
The 22-year-old has had a disappointing season at Marseille. After beginning the campaign as a starter alongside Lassana Diarra in the midfield, he has gradually lost his place in the side, with Alaixys Romao currently preferred.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS How much unemployment benefits will I get in New York?
- Coronavirus Are vaccines for covid-19 safe in the long term?
- US NEWS How do I certify for weekly unemployment benefits in New York?
- US News How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in New York?
- BOXING Mike Tyson weighs in on Logan Paul Floyd Mayweather fight
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $1,100 Golden State stimulus in California eligibility: who qualifies for it?