LIGUE 1 | LUCAS SILVA
Midfielder Lucas Silva out in the cold at Marseille
The Brazilian was not included in the squad for l'OM's match-up with PSG, with president Vincent Labrune unhappy at his rejection of a move to Anderlecht.
With Marseille facing leaders Paris Saint-Germain in a glamour Ligue 1 clash on Sunday night, no place was found for midfielder Lucas Silva in coach Michel's 20-man matchday squad.
Silva, who is on loan at the Stade Velodrome from La Liga giants Real Madrid, is fit to play. But, according to beIN Sports, the French club opted to leave him on the sidelines.
The decision is said to have been taken by club president Vincent Labrune, with the l'OM chief allegedly extremely unhappy at the Brazilian's rejection of a January move to Belgians Anderlecht.
This week, Silva was also informed by Marseille that his name would no longer be on the team's list of players registered for this term's Europa League.
The 22-year-old has had a disappointing season at Marseille. After beginning the campaign as a starter alongside Lassana Diarra in the midfield, he has gradually lost his place in the side, with Alaixys Romao currently preferred.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS UK bars and pubs reopening on Super Saturday July 4th: schedule, opening times, conditions
- CORONAVIRUS July 4th 2020: Why it is called ‘Super Saturday’?
- BUNDESLIGA Rummenigge confirms Thiago Alcántara will leave Bayern Munich
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid troll Barcelona about four-point lead
- CORONAVIRUS | USA How to celebrate July 4th safely during Covid-19
- Coronavirus Ghanaian minister resigns after breaching self-isolation rules