GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID
Modric keeps Real Madrid in the hunt for LaLiga title
A superbly hit goal from the Croatian gave Zidane's side all three points at Los Cármenes after Granada had levelled at 1-1. Benzema opened the scoring for Real Madrid
Real Madrid are still in the hunt for LaLiga title, but it looked as if their chances were slipping away tonight at Los Cármenes, until Luka Modric stepped up with a 20 yard strike to give them a 1-2 victory. Zidane's men remain four points behind Barcelona (and one behind Atleti), though the Catalan side have a game in hand.
The two sides had exchanged attacks at the start of the match, but it was Real Madrid who drew first blood, when Dani Carvajal made a tremendous run down the right, and then put the ball on a plate for Benzema to tap home.
Granada were a handful for Zidane's men all night, and it was no surprise when they levelled, although they had a little help from the referee. The official got in Modric's way in the midfield, and Granada swiftly nicked the ball and ferried it to El Arabi, sprinting down the right. He brought Navas out and slotted cooly through the keeper's legs.
The home side had several chances to go ahead, but it was Real Madrid who took the points, thanks to Modric's golazo with five minutes to go.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays