GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID
Real Madrid's Ramos lauds match-winner Modric
The defender praised his Croatian team-mate who gave them a win over Granada with his perfect 20 yard strike with five minutes to go.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos spoke after his side's hard-fought win against Granada (1-2) this evening, and accepted that the home side had made life very difficult for them. “They pushed hard in the second half. It was a battle. But the team kept going and a great goal from Luka gave us the three points”.
The goal in question was a superb 20 yard strike from Croatian midfielder Luka Modric with five minutes to go, that found the top corner of the net. As Zidane neatly summed up in his post-match press conference: “Modric should shoot more”.
Ramos also mentioned the scorer of the opening goal, French striker Karim Benzema, noting that he was close to making it 0-2 (denied by a great save from Andrés Fernández). “Having Karim is a great source of happiness for us”, said Ramos.
The Real Madrid defender returned to Modric however, lauding the Croatian: “The way I understand football Modric is fundamental. He’s one of the backbone of the team. He’s so important for us”.
The win keeps Madrid in the hunt for the title: they remain four points behind leaders Barcelona (and a point behind city rivals Atleti), though the Catalans have a game in hand.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold