LALIGA | ATHLETIC CLUB
Laporte: "I would reject an offer from Barcelona"
"They haven't made contact with me to make me an offer, either this season or before that," said the Athletic defender. "But I wouldn't be interested."
Athletic Club defender Aymeric Laporte has said in an interview that he "would reject" the chance to sign for La Liga rivals Barcelona.
"They're one of the most important clubs in the world, but I would reject an offer from them," Laporte told Telefoot.
"They haven't made contact with me to make me an offer, either this season or before that," the Frenchman continued. "But I wouldn't be interested."
The 21-year-old is one of the brightest defensive prospects in the Spanish top flight, with his displays at the heart of the Athletic backline attracting the attentions of the Camp Nou outfit.
But Laporte was adamant that he wishes to remain in Bilbao, at least until the end of his current contract at San Mamés.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS Inter Miami has their eyes set on two Franchise Players
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca
- Messi, Busquets and Pique rested for Ibiza trip
- Lovren lifts leaders Liverpool as defender returns to training