On-loan Lucas Silva told to get off Marseille's bus
Marseille club president, Vincent Labrune, decided to make an example of the player after the Brazilian didn't accept the club's winter transfer plans.
Lucas Silva isn’t having the best of times at Marseille. Club coach Michel had previously said he wasn't happy with the on-loan Real Madrid player, and the French club tried to return him to the Spanish giants. Madrid refused though, so Marseille devised a new plan, to offload him on loan to Anderlecht. The player refused to go on though and the club appear to have been punishing him for it.
After the player decided he really didn’t fancy the Belgian Pro League the club president, Vincent Labrune, decided to make an example of him. Last Tuesday, 2 February, the Marseille team was on board the bus for the expedition to play Montpelier (Ligue 1 match day 23). With the player sitting comfortably (reports didn't say whether he had his headphones on or not), he was suddenly told he wasn’t going and he was to get straight off the bus. The rest of the squad and the training staff were reportedly stunned.
And a week later, this Monday, subsequent to his early departure from the team bus, the Brazilian was told he’s not in Marseille’s Europa League squad.
However Michel has now come out to confirm that Lucas Silva was only taken out of the squad because there were on-going negotiations over the player. And that the player will be in his squad for their next game, in the Cup against Trélissac on Thursday night. It looks like he’ll be making the trip this time around.
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings after 2-1 victory over Granada
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Lockdown in Pune: dates and restrictions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin