Adam Johnson admits sexual activity with child
The Sunderland footballer pleaded guilty to one child sex charge but denied two other counts at Bradford Crown Court on Wednesday.
England international Adam Johnson pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child, but denied two other charges, when he appeared at Bradford Crown Court on Wednesday.
The 28-year-old Sunderland winger, who has played 12 times for England, also admitted one count of grooming a girl under the age of 16, a court official said.
Johnson, who began his career at Middlesbrough and also played for Manchester City, joined Sunderland for 10 million pounds in 2012 on a four-year contract.
He has been a regular for the Premier League side this season and scored in the 2-2 draw with Liverpool last week.
The case is expected to last for two weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?