Gareth Bale and Ibrahimovic to meet in Euro 2016 warm-up
Wales will complete their preparations for the 2016 European Championship with a friendly against Sweden in Stockholm on June 5, the Football Association of Wales announced.
Wales will complete their preparations for the 2016 European Championship with a friendly against Sweden in Stockholm on June 5, the Football Association of Wales (FAW) announced on Wednesday.
Wales, who have qualified for their first major tournament since the 1958 World Cup, will travel directly to France after the game to prepare for their opening Group B match against Slovakia in Bordeaux on June 11.
The game will pit Wales forward Gareth Bale against Sweden's talismanic striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a meeting of two of the biggest names in world football.
'Sweden are a side full of quality and experience who over the years have been regular qualifiers for major tournaments,' Wales manager Chris Coleman said in a press release on the FAW website.
'They will be the ideal opponents in a magnificent stadium.'
Wales had previously announced friendlies against Northern Ireland and Ukraine in March. They will also tackle neighbours England and Russia at Euro 2016.
Erik Hamren's Sweden open their Euro campaign against the Republic of Ireland in Saint-Denis on June 13 and will also face Italy and Belgium in Group E.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend