Bale costing Real Madrid 750,000 euros per game
The Club Blanco paid €100 million for his services for six years, an investment of 16.5 million per season, plus the 18 million for his salary: 34.5 million euro to play 45 matches a year.
Bale has suffered yet another relapse of the calf injuries that have plagued him at Real Madrid, this latest episode is his third this season, the 11th since his arrival from Tottenham Hotspur. The most expensive signing in history, costing the club blanco 100.7 million euro according to the contract released by Football Leaks, has called the deal into question in terms of value for money.
A study of what Real Madrid pay to keep the Wales captain in their stables, and his return in playing time up to now reveals that Madrid pays almost a million euro for every game that he plays. In his first two seasons, Bale played 61% and 76% of the possible game time.
Cardio swim session in the pool today / Día de cardio hoy! 🏊 pic.twitter.com/PofZo5cdtU— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) February 6, 2016
The cost to La Liga's third-placed team edges closer to a-million-a-game considering his injury-blighted current season as he has only played 46% of possible minutes on the pitch.
In sum, every game that Gareth Bale has played has cost Real madrid almost a million euros, the Welshman has only played 64% of possible games in his three seasons at the Bernabéu.
The club blanco paid €100 million for his services for six years, an investment of 16.5 million per season, plus the 18 million for his salary: 34.5 million euro to play 45 matches a year.
This season is impossible to calculate as there is no way to determine how long he will spend playing and how long watching, but the meter is rising with every game he misses. Since his arrival at Real Madrid, he has played 64% of possible match time; 8,626 of 13,410 minutes.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"