Adam Johnson out of squad for Man United meeting
Sam Allardyce has confirmed the Wearside winger will be left out of the squad for Saturday’s Premier League fixture after pleading guilty to grooming a 16-year-old.
Sunderland winger Adam Johnson will miss Saturday's Premier League home game with Manchester United due to his on-going under-age sex case, manager Sam Allardyce said on Thursday.
Johnson, 28, pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and one count of grooming on Wednesday.
“He'll not be available for this weekend”
He is due to stand trial in Bradford, northern England on Friday on two counts of sexual activity with a child, which he denies.
The England international has been playing for Sunderland up until last Saturday, scoring in their 2-2 draw at Liverpool, but Allardyce told a press conference: “He'll not be available for this weekend”.
Ahead of this weekend's matches, Sunderland are second-from-bottom in the Premier League, four points from safety.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match