Adam Johnson out of squad for Man United meeting
Sam Allardyce has confirmed the Wearside winger will be left out of the squad for Saturday’s Premier League fixture after pleading guilty to grooming a 16-year-old.
Sunderland winger Adam Johnson will miss Saturday's Premier League home game with Manchester United due to his on-going under-age sex case, manager Sam Allardyce said on Thursday.
Johnson, 28, pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and one count of grooming on Wednesday.
“He'll not be available for this weekend”
He is due to stand trial in Bradford, northern England on Friday on two counts of sexual activity with a child, which he denies.
The England international has been playing for Sunderland up until last Saturday, scoring in their 2-2 draw at Liverpool, but Allardyce told a press conference: “He'll not be available for this weekend”.
Ahead of this weekend's matches, Sunderland are second-from-bottom in the Premier League, four points from safety.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid