Adam Johnson out of squad for Man United meeting
Sam Allardyce has confirmed the Wearside winger will be left out of the squad for Saturday’s Premier League fixture after pleading guilty to grooming a 16-year-old.
Sunderland winger Adam Johnson will miss Saturday's Premier League home game with Manchester United due to his on-going under-age sex case, manager Sam Allardyce said on Thursday.
Johnson, 28, pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and one count of grooming on Wednesday.
“He'll not be available for this weekend”
He is due to stand trial in Bradford, northern England on Friday on two counts of sexual activity with a child, which he denies.
The England international has been playing for Sunderland up until last Saturday, scoring in their 2-2 draw at Liverpool, but Allardyce told a press conference: “He'll not be available for this weekend”.
Ahead of this weekend's matches, Sunderland are second-from-bottom in the Premier League, four points from safety.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests