REAL SOCIEDAD | ILLARRAMENDI
Illarramendi: “We can’t get ahead of ourselves for winning two games”
The Basque midfielder is confident ahead of Granada’s visit on Sunday and not worried about González González officiating after the Bernabéu debacle.
Real Sociedad completed their final open-door session ahead of Sunday’s crucial home clash against Granada. Iñigo Martínez missed training due to illness while the Carlos Vela and Asier Illarramendi hit the showers early as a precautionary measure to ensure their readiness to start at Anoeta. The former Real Madrid midfielder was in cheerful mood afterwards and sat down to talk about the Basque side's good run of form.
Fit to start: “I’m fine to play. We finished up early just to be safe”.
The resounding win over Espanyol: “These past two wins have come quite late but they’ve been important results. We want to continue riding this wave”.
Granada low on confidence: “Even though they’re having a hard time, this will still be a tough match. They have good players, pace on the wings and can move the ball around very well. But we’re playing at home and are on the up at the moment”.
The Basque derby just around the corner: “We shouldn’t be distracting ourselves from the task at hand. We have to focus all our attention on Granada”.
The disaster in Gijon: “That’s in the past now. We’ve been playing well lately, beating tricky teams along the way. The Sporting game is behind us, we’ve learned from it and now we’re focused on keeping this good streak of form going”.
Another meeting with González González, the referee from the Bernabéu: “That doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I’m not fixated on what happened when we played Real Madrid. We have to concentrate on playing the game and not worry about the referee”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 stimulus check updates today: third payment, dates, eligibility, Biden, negotiation, live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check update: $1,400 payment in Biden relief proposal
- REAL MADRID UK media suggest Bale set for Madrid return next season
- CLUB WORLD CUP Auckland City withdraw from Club World Cup over covid measures
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why do Manchester United get so many penalties? Rashford points to Mourinho advice
- NBA Why is Kyrie Irivng currently absent from the Brooklyn Nets?