ATLÉTICO | Gabi
Gabi: "Jackson didn’t fit in because of the way he worked"
The Atlético midfielder told Radio Marca: “When he joined we were all really excited but it didn’t work. He was never blamed because he wanted to do his best when he signed”.
The Atlético Madrid midfielder Gabi Fernández admitted that the Colombian striker Jackson Martínez, who moved to Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande last week, failed to build good relationships and settle at the club: “When he signed we were all really excited. Jackson came from Porto, where he was the top scorer and one of the top strikers. The reality was that it didn’t work out. We all saw that Jackson didn’t fit into the squad, because of his way of working. But he was never blamed because he wanted to do his best when he signed,” Gabi said in an interview with Radio Marca.
The Atleti midfielder also talked about Fernando Torres, currently on loan from Milan, continuing at the club next season: “There are three months left for Fernando to be decisive, in order for him to reach his objectives. The club will decide what’s best. If Fernando is the best over the next three months then I imagine Atlético Madrid will want to renew his contract,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?