Leo Messi trains normally and has one eye on Celta game
La Pulga resumed his normal training schedule after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday. Barcelona face Celta at 20.30 CET on Sunday.
As expected, Leo Messi was back training at Barcelona's Ciutat Esportiva training ground on Thursday, and joined the rest of his team-mates ahead of Sunday's league clash against Celta Vigo (Camp Nou, 20:30 CET). Messi made a swift return after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday which had been causing the Argentine some discomfort since the Club World Cup in December.
La Pulga could be given the all-clear to play on Sunday as Barça aim to move further ahead of rivals Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid at the top of the table. Nevertheless, the toll of Barcelona's recent fixture congestion may also mean that Luis Enrique brings the Argentine back gradually and he could start on the bench.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"