Leo Messi trains normally and has one eye on Celta game
La Pulga resumed his normal training schedule after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday. Barcelona face Celta at 20.30 CET on Sunday.
As expected, Leo Messi was back training at Barcelona's Ciutat Esportiva training ground on Thursday, and joined the rest of his team-mates ahead of Sunday's league clash against Celta Vigo (Camp Nou, 20:30 CET). Messi made a swift return after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday which had been causing the Argentine some discomfort since the Club World Cup in December.
La Pulga could be given the all-clear to play on Sunday as Barça aim to move further ahead of rivals Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid at the top of the table. Nevertheless, the toll of Barcelona's recent fixture congestion may also mean that Luis Enrique brings the Argentine back gradually and he could start on the bench.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Pedro: "I would love to return to Barcelona"
- Kane has no limits, says former Tottenham team-mate Soldado
- EUROPA LEAGUE Lacazette and Saka sizzle as Arsenal end top of their group
- TOTTENHAM Fellaini rules out Mourinho reunion at Totthenham
- Liverpool, Man City lead FIFA TOTY nominations as Griezmann and Pogba miss out
- BAYERN MUNICH 'Lucky' Coman out just three games with torn knee capsule