Leo Messi trains normally and has one eye on Celta game
La Pulga resumed his normal training schedule after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday. Barcelona face Celta at 20.30 CET on Sunday.
As expected, Leo Messi was back training at Barcelona's Ciutat Esportiva training ground on Thursday, and joined the rest of his team-mates ahead of Sunday's league clash against Celta Vigo (Camp Nou, 20:30 CET). Messi made a swift return after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday which had been causing the Argentine some discomfort since the Club World Cup in December.
La Pulga could be given the all-clear to play on Sunday as Barça aim to move further ahead of rivals Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid at the top of the table. Nevertheless, the toll of Barcelona's recent fixture congestion may also mean that Luis Enrique brings the Argentine back gradually and he could start on the bench.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid