Leo Messi trains normally and has one eye on Celta game
La Pulga resumed his normal training schedule after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday. Barcelona face Celta at 20.30 CET on Sunday.
As expected, Leo Messi was back training at Barcelona's Ciutat Esportiva training ground on Thursday, and joined the rest of his team-mates ahead of Sunday's league clash against Celta Vigo (Camp Nou, 20:30 CET). Messi made a swift return after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday which had been causing the Argentine some discomfort since the Club World Cup in December.
La Pulga could be given the all-clear to play on Sunday as Barça aim to move further ahead of rivals Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid at the top of the table. Nevertheless, the toll of Barcelona's recent fixture congestion may also mean that Luis Enrique brings the Argentine back gradually and he could start on the bench.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Mallorca, Galatsaray, Barça "very difficult" games
- TRANSFER NEWS Rumour has it: Manchester United planning spending spree
- ENGLAND England loss a "wake-up call", accept Kane and Southgate
- MARTIN ODEGAARD SPEAKS TO AS Odegaard: Real Sociedad's on-loan Real Madrid man talks to AS
- ATHLETICS Eliud Kipchoge breaks two-hour barrier in the marathon: 1:59:40