COPA DEL REY | CELTA 2-2 SEVILLA
Sevilla to meet Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final
Sevilla sealed a 2-2 draw in the pouring rain at Balaídos on to win the semi-final 6-2 on aggregate. Aspas' brace wasn't enough for the home side as Banega and Konoplyanka netted for Sevilla.
Sevilla set up a meeting with Barcelona in the final of the Copa del Rey after a 2-2 draw away to Celta Vigo on Thursday saw them win their semi-final 6-2 on aggregate.
Unai Emery's side had done the damage in last week's first leg at home, winning 4-0 to leave Celta with a mountain to climb in the return at Balaídos.
However, in the driving Galician rain, Celta did make Sevilla fret as they went 2-0 up on the night thanks to a goal either side of half-time by Iago Aspas.
But Ever Banega quickly pulled one back for Sevilla and Swedish striker John Guidetti struck the post with a penalty for Celta after he had been brought down in the box by goalkeeper Sergio Rico.
Sevilla then equalised on the night when Vitolo set up Yevhen Konoplyanka for an easy finish late on.
Sevilla and Barcelona, who met in the final of the UEFA Super Cup in Tbilisi at the start of the campaign with Barca winning 5-4 in extra time, will now clash again in the final of the Copa del Rey, with the game scheduled for May 21 at an as yet undecided venue.
Barcelona are the holders while Sevilla last lifted the trophy in 2010, when they defeated Atletico Madrid 2-0 in the final at the Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane