Villas-Boas putting himself in the frame for the Valencia job
The Portuguese tinker man is being touted as a potential replacement for Gary Neville if and when the former Red Devil is given his marching orders.
Andre Villas-Boas, the Zenit Saint Petersburg manager who has his sights set on taking over from Gary Neville in the Mestalla hot seat next season, is currently on Spanish soil, Alicante to be precise, in an effort to keep his players’ match fit during the the Russian Premier League winter break.
The Portuguese tactician is one of the names Jesús García Pitarch is considering for the 2016/2017 campaign. Another name in the Valencia sporting director’s hat is that of Rafa Benítez, although convincing the former Liverpool and Real Madrid boss to retake the Los Che reins won’t be an easy task.
Villas-Boas’ public declaration that this will be his final season in charge of the Russian club has made him a likely candidate for the Valencia job.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Barcelona converts car park into a temporary morgue
- Coronavirus What is the name of the coronavirus: Covid-19, SARS-CoV-2...
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: What are the risk groups?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: global confirmed cases of Covid-19 pass 1,000,000
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: UK Government urged to tax clubs refusing to cut wages
- LaLiga Coronavirus: Atletico Madrid cut player wages by 70 per cent