Atleti misfit Jackson already off the mark with Guangzhou
The Colombian hadn't found the net in 110 days with Atleti. He started today's friendly against Al-Shabab in Dubai, scoring one of the team's four goals.
Colombian striker Jackson Martínez, who joined Guangzhou Evergrande from Atlético de Madrid last week for 42 million euros has opened his account with his new employers on his debut. Before today's friendly meeting with Al-Shabab in Duba, Jackson hadn't found the net in 110 days at the Vicente Calderón. But he was one of the scorers in the 4-1 win.
Jackson featured in the starting XI and it must have come as a relief to get off the mark - albeit in unofficial competition. His last goals for Atlético came back on 25 October in the 2-1 league win over Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas