Atleti misfit Jackson already off the mark with Guangzhou
The Colombian hadn't found the net in 110 days with Atleti. He started today's friendly against Al-Shabab in Dubai, scoring one of the team's four goals.
Colombian striker Jackson Martínez, who joined Guangzhou Evergrande from Atlético de Madrid last week for 42 million euros has opened his account with his new employers on his debut. Before today's friendly meeting with Al-Shabab in Duba, Jackson hadn't found the net in 110 days at the Vicente Calderón. But he was one of the scorers in the 4-1 win.
Jackson featured in the starting XI and it must have come as a relief to get off the mark - albeit in unofficial competition. His last goals for Atlético came back on 25 October in the 2-1 league win over Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP