Atleti misfit Jackson already off the mark with Guangzhou
The Colombian hadn't found the net in 110 days with Atleti. He started today's friendly against Al-Shabab in Dubai, scoring one of the team's four goals.
Colombian striker Jackson Martínez, who joined Guangzhou Evergrande from Atlético de Madrid last week for 42 million euros has opened his account with his new employers on his debut. Before today's friendly meeting with Al-Shabab in Duba, Jackson hadn't found the net in 110 days at the Vicente Calderón. But he was one of the scorers in the 4-1 win.
Jackson featured in the starting XI and it must have come as a relief to get off the mark - albeit in unofficial competition. His last goals for Atlético came back on 25 October in the 2-1 league win over Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid's Takefusa Kubo joins Villarreal on loan
- BUNDESLIGA Jadon Sancho to stay at Borussia Dortmund until 2023 – Zorc
- BARCELONA Pedri: "Real Madrid didn't want to sign me"
- MLS Blaise Matuidi set to join David Beckham's Inter Miami
- Liga MX Chivas to appoint Victor Manuel Vucetich as new coach
- SERIE A Man Utd-linked Meret open to leaving Napoli on loan