Atleti misfit Jackson already off the mark with Guangzhou
The Colombian hadn't found the net in 110 days with Atleti. He started today's friendly against Al-Shabab in Dubai, scoring one of the team's four goals.
Colombian striker Jackson Martínez, who joined Guangzhou Evergrande from Atlético de Madrid last week for 42 million euros has opened his account with his new employers on his debut. Before today's friendly meeting with Al-Shabab in Duba, Jackson hadn't found the net in 110 days at the Vicente Calderón. But he was one of the scorers in the 4-1 win.
Jackson featured in the starting XI and it must have come as a relief to get off the mark - albeit in unofficial competition. His last goals for Atlético came back on 25 October in the 2-1 league win over Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions