Oyarzabal signs three-year extension with La Real
The pearl of Real Sociedad's youth team scored his first top flight goal against Espanyol, capping off a memorable week with a new contract.
What a week it's been for Mikel Oyarzabal. On Monday, he scored his first top flight goal for Real Sociedad in the 5-0 trouncing of Espanyol; today, he penned a three-year contract extension with the Basque club which will keep him in San Sebastián until June 2021.The talented forward, an international with Spain at Under-19 level, also sees his buy-out clause boosted to 40 million euros and his take-home pay packet swelled to be in line with the rest of the first team squad.
Real Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay described the new arrangement as "excellent news" referring to Oyarzabal as just one of the promising players coming through who "represent the future history of Real Sociedad". Aperribay added that Oyarzabal's progression paves the way for more players from the youth sides Berio and Sanse, "to be given an opportunity to play with the first team".
The 18-year-old forward was equally pleased, teling the club's Television channel: "I started out here with the Under-16s and La Real is like a family to me. I'm very grateful, this is a dream come true. I'm relaxed, in spite of all of the things which have happened to me in such a short space of time".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires