"No Cup final to be played here!" say the Bernabéu faithful
Fans expressed their views on whether May's Copa del Rey final between Barça and Sevilla should be played at Real Madrid's stadium, or not.
The 'Grada Fans RMFC' section of the Santiago Bernabéu made it known that they are completely against plans to stage this year's Copa del Rey final at the stadium. As a venue is sought for the final between Barcelona and Sevilla and provisionally set for Saturday 21 May. Chants of "No Cup final to be played here!", rang around the ground as the half hour was reached in today's meeting with Athletic Club.
Both finalists and the RFEF will have to find another stadium to host the event as, like last year, Real Madrid have not offered their stadium for the Cup final. The Vicente Calderón could be one possible solution if both clubs agree to play the final in the capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- DIEGO MARADONA Maradona's inheritance: the fortune includes houses and cars
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Barcelona go for five in a row, Ronaldo after another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho optimistic over Kane return for Arsenal
- ARSENAL Arteta confident goals will come for Arsenal
- US NEWS US Elections: Georgia elections official tells Trump to stop inspiring violence
- US congress What has Congress said about the government shutdown deadline?