REAL MADRID 4 - ATHLETIC 2
CR7 continues to rack them up against Athletic: 16 in 14
The forward is Real Madrid's all-time highest La Liga scorer against Los Leones, followed by Raúl, Ferenc Puskas and Hugo Sánchez, all on 11.
Cristiano Ronaldo grabbed a brace in Real Madrid's La Liga win over Athletic Club on Saturday - a two-goal display that saw him add to his excellent league scoring record against the San Mamés outfit.
The Portuguese star's double means he has now netted 16 times in 14 top-flight clashes with Athletic, stretching his lead over Real's next highest all-time league marksmen against the Basques: Raúl, Hugo Sánchez and Ferenc Puskas, who all hit 11.
Having drawn a blank in the sides' first La Liga fixture of the current campaign, Cristiano's strike also ensured that he extended his run of having scored against Athletic in every Spanish league season he has featured in since joining Los Blancos.
This term, the 31-year-old is proving a much sharper shooter at the Bernabéu than on the road. Of his 32 goals in all competitions so far in 2015/16, 21 have come on home turf.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live