Adán, Betis' brick wall
Former Real Madrid stopper Antonio Adán has made more saves this season than any keeper in the league (81) and excels in one-on-one situations.
Lucas Pérez, Luis Alberto and Cani will have dreamed on Saturday night of the incredible stopping ability of Betis keeper Antonio Adán in one-on-one situations. Deportivo racked up 24 shots during their 2-2 draw with the Andalusian outfit in Riazor to the visiting side’s four, Adán facing a siege between the sticks that he was unable to stop single-handed. Bergantiños and Fajr were on target for the hosts, the former slotting in a corner at the near post and the latter slamming in from close range after a massed Depor attack. Betis were more efficient and secured another point in the battle to ensure Primera status, with Adán once again decisive. In Riazor, Adán faced more shots than he has all season, nine of them on target.
The former Real Madrid keeper is collecting man-of-the-match awards and influencing Betis’ results in a way that sooner or later must open the doors to the national team. No keeper has made more saves than Adán’s 81 this season, with Vicente Guaita (Getafe, 75), Pau López (Espanyol, 68), Andrés Fernández (Granada, 67) and Javi Varas (Las Palmas, 65) behind him on Sunday morning.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED "Haaland knows what he wants to do", says Man United boss Solskjaer
- TOTTENHAM Mourinho hails Tottenham unity in Wolves win
- Milan need too many chances to score, says Pioli
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia