Adán, Betis' brick wall
Former Real Madrid stopper Antonio Adán has made more saves this season than any keeper in the league (81) and excels in one-on-one situations.
Lucas Pérez, Luis Alberto and Cani will have dreamed on Saturday night of the incredible stopping ability of Betis keeper Antonio Adán in one-on-one situations. Deportivo racked up 24 shots during their 2-2 draw with the Andalusian outfit in Riazor to the visiting side’s four, Adán facing a siege between the sticks that he was unable to stop single-handed. Bergantiños and Fajr were on target for the hosts, the former slotting in a corner at the near post and the latter slamming in from close range after a massed Depor attack. Betis were more efficient and secured another point in the battle to ensure Primera status, with Adán once again decisive. In Riazor, Adán faced more shots than he has all season, nine of them on target.
The former Real Madrid keeper is collecting man-of-the-match awards and influencing Betis’ results in a way that sooner or later must open the doors to the national team. No keeper has made more saves than Adán’s 81 this season, with Vicente Guaita (Getafe, 75), Pau López (Espanyol, 68), Andrés Fernández (Granada, 67) and Javi Varas (Las Palmas, 65) behind him on Sunday morning.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA 1 - 0 ESPANYOL Barcelona player ratings vs Espanyol as Suárez secures win
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: When does Trump want schools to reopen?
- Man City 5-0 Newcastle Mahrez goal sees Man City break new ground in Premier League
- World Cup 2022 World Cup 2022: environmentally friendly vehicles for the fans
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Trump says a second package will come "very soon"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho tells Spurs players that attitude "is non-negotiable"