Record man Miku loving life with Rayo Vallecano
The Venezuelan forward scored for a fourth game in a row on Friday. Despite the disappoint of conceding a late equaliser to Sporting, the number seven is in good spirits.
Miku is one of Rayo Vallecano and La Liga’s most in-form players at the moment. In El Molinón on Friday the former Getafe hitman got on the scoresheet to become the first Venezuelan to ever find the back of the net in a fourth consecutive Spanish top flight game (Sporting, Las Palmas, Deportivo and Celta).
“I’m delighted. Things have been going great for me this year since joining Rayo. I scored the club’s 700th goal in La Primera and now I’ve equaled Hugo Sánchez’s record (the Mexican also went on a four-game scoring streak during the 1993-94 season). I’m not getting ahead of myself. The team could win a match without me scoring and I’d be just as happy. The most important thing is that we achieve our objectives”, the South American noted on the club’s website.
SPO -RAY Miku is the first player from Venezuela to score in four consecutive matches in La Liga history.— MisterChip (English) (@MisterChiping) February 12, 2016
Assessing the 2-2 draw against Sporting the ex-Celtic front man said: “It was a bittersweet result. We were trailing at the break and resolved to come back into the game, which we did. I think we just about deserved to win but saying that we still managed to come away with a point from a tough ground and against a direct rival. The plan now is to keep our good form going at home”.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea vs Tottenham: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- Guardiola backs Sterling and predicts total commitment from Man City stars
- Liverpool-Atlético Klopp: Atletico defeat was good because it felt 'really bad'
- BARCELONA LA Galaxy manager responds to Lionel Messi transfer rumours
- LEGANÉS Barcelona: Braithwaite deal "fucked us" says Leganes boss
- BARCELONA Barcelona are not distracted by off-field issues, says Setién