Record man Miku loving life with Rayo Vallecano
The Venezuelan forward scored for a fourth game in a row on Friday. Despite the disappoint of conceding a late equaliser to Sporting, the number seven is in good spirits.
Miku is one of Rayo Vallecano and La Liga’s most in-form players at the moment. In El Molinón on Friday the former Getafe hitman got on the scoresheet to become the first Venezuelan to ever find the back of the net in a fourth consecutive Spanish top flight game (Sporting, Las Palmas, Deportivo and Celta).
“I’m delighted. Things have been going great for me this year since joining Rayo. I scored the club’s 700th goal in La Primera and now I’ve equaled Hugo Sánchez’s record (the Mexican also went on a four-game scoring streak during the 1993-94 season). I’m not getting ahead of myself. The team could win a match without me scoring and I’d be just as happy. The most important thing is that we achieve our objectives”, the South American noted on the club’s website.
SPO -RAY Miku is the first player from Venezuela to score in four consecutive matches in La Liga history.— MisterChip (English) (@MisterChiping) February 12, 2016
Assessing the 2-2 draw against Sporting the ex-Celtic front man said: “It was a bittersweet result. We were trailing at the break and resolved to come back into the game, which we did. I think we just about deserved to win but saying that we still managed to come away with a point from a tough ground and against a direct rival. The plan now is to keep our good form going at home”.
Te recomendamos en English
- Messi hat-trick a good way to celebrate Ballon d'Or – Barca boss Valverde
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez: Best goal of my career
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane has four options to fill left-back vacancy against Valencia
- BARCELONA Barcelona president agrees "three years could be enough for Valverde"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us