Castilla cement playoff hopes with Amorebieta win
Luis Miguel Ramis has overseen six straight victories since taking over from Zinedine Zidane, with Castilla now second in Segunda B Group II.
Real Madrid Castilla have won two games in four games by an aggregate score of 7-2, with two players providing all of the goals for Luis Miguel Ramis’ side. Borja Mayoral (four) and Aleix Febas (three) found the net in wins against Elfsborg in the Uefa Youth League and Sunday’s 4-1 victory away at Amorebieta. Both were on the score sheet in the Basque Country as Castilla came from behind to claim their sixth straight victory under Zinedine Zidane’s successor since he assumed the reins from the Frenchman.
Castilla’s belief at the moment is such that the side were not knocked off course by Amorebieta’s early strike. Castilla keeper Carlos Abad made a clamorous error to hand a chance to home team forward Edu Ubis, who made no mistake. Mayoral then took the game by the scruff of the neck and scored twice in 10 minutes, assisted first by Lazo and then by Martin Odegaard, who was back in the starting line-up after being on the bench last weekend against Real Unión and was in tune with the rest of the side throughout the game.
Amorebieta went down to 10 men in the second half and Febas ensured victory late on with two goals in the last 10 minutes.
Ramis’ side now practically two feet in the playoffs for promotion to Segunda. Castilla are second in Segunda División Group II, two points behind leaders Barakaldo and with a 14-point cushion over Arenas in fifth. The top four sides go through to the playoffs.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Champions League draw: who can play who?
- EURO 2020 Spain to host Cristiano's Portugal in final Euro 2020 warm-up
- Carvajal tells Mbappe: The best play for Real Madrid
- LIVERPOOL Minamino: RB Salzburg confirm Liverpool talks for midfielder
- Champions League Juventus: Sarri eager to face José Mourinho in Champions League
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Carvajal up for Mbappé move and Cristiano final