Madrid list Mariano and Lienhart for Champions League
The forward and centre-back are new faces in Madrid's squad for the Champions League knockout stage. Lazo and Álvaro Tejero make the B list.
UEFA have published the list of players submitted by all of the clubs taking part in the Champions League Round of 16. In Real Madrid’s case there are four new additions with respect to the list for the group stage. The new faces are Mariano Díaz – Dominican striker who is Castilla’s top scorer on 13 goals and Austrian centre-back Philipp Lienhart. Two players from the previous list have been omitted – Denis Cheryshev who is now on loan at Valencia and the injured left-back Abner Felipe.
Competition organizers UEFA allows all of the participating clubs to make a maximum of three changes to the ‘A list’ – clubs had until 2 February to submit their new squad lists. As for the ‘B list’, Madrid also made a couple of changes – registering Castilla winger José Carlos Lazo and right-back Álvaro Tejero.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez: "I was keen to find out what it means to play for Atleti"
- UEFA SUPER CUP UEFA pleased as fan-attended Super Cup runs 'smoothly'
- LALIGA Barcelona still have a squad capable of challenging – Zidane
- BARCELONA Messi's Last Dance: The records the Barcelona star can break – and what could hold him back
- Transfer market Depay in pole position for Barcelona move, Man Utd want Sancho and Telles
- BOXING McGregor claims his next fight is against Pacquiao