BARCELONA 6 - CELTA 1
Alba: "Messi always comes up with stuff, he's the best"
The Barcelona defender talked about what the dressing room knew of Messi's passed penalty to Suaréz, and how difficult Celta had made the game for the home side.Leganés vs Barcelona
Barcelona ran out 6-1 winners this evening against Celta, with the talk of the match being Messi’s delightful passed penalty for Suárez to finish and complete his hat-trick.
And according to Jordi Alba the rest of the dressing room had no idea what was about to happen: “I don’t know if they’d talked about it, but it came off perfectly. We didn’t know about it. It’s not normal to take one like that, but Messi is always coming up with stuff”.
As to Messi’s place in the game of football, Alba was categorical: “He’s the best, the best”.
As to tonight’s opposition Celta, who reached the break 1-1, levelling through a penalty given away by Alba, and looked to be very much in the match before Barça’s five goal explosion blew them away in the second half, the defender admitted they had made it difficult for Barça. “Sometimes we get more space, but they were all over us. They’ve beaten us twice; it was important to win today.”
According to Alba, Luis Enrique had told them they were doing well at the break, and with his input they had “gone on to win the game”.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué makes it clear that Bartomeu not believed
- Champions League Neymar unhappy with PSG over injury decisions
- Dortmund loanee Achraf: Real Madrid return? I want to play
- Borussia Dortmund 2-1 PSG Erling Haaland makes Champions League history
- MLS FC Cincinnati head coach resigns amid investigation of racial slur
- MLS Inter Miami reactivates talks with Roger Martinez