GETAFE 0 - ATLÉTICO MADRID 1
Carrasco in uphill battle to make PSV and Real clashes
The Atleti man picked up a "grade II sprain of the external lateral ligament of the right ankle joint" in Sunday's league win over Getafe.
Atlético Madrid's Yannick Ferreira Carrasco was forced off injured in the second half of Los Rojiblancos' 1-0 La Liga victory over Getafe on Sunday.
Carrasco went over on his ankle as he attempted to block a cross in the 54th minute of the encounter at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez, and immediately called for medical assistance before being stretchered off in a state of visible discomfort.
Following the match, Atlético issued a medical report stating that the Belgian had suffered a "grade II sprain of the external lateral ligament of the right ankle joint", a diagnosis that normally means at least two weeks out of action.
Carrasco's fitness blow comes just 10 days before Atleti's Champions League last-16 first leg with PSV Eindhoven and just under a fortnight ahead of the Madrid derby against Real, leaving the player with an uphill battle to be fit for the crunch fixtures.
With Tiago Mendes, Augusto Fernández, Stefan Savic and Thomas Partey already out injured, the former Monaco man adds his name to a growing list of Atlético casualties.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Alexander-Arnold: "Madrid holds good memories but we've got a job to do tomorrow"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- Neymar ready to face Borussia Dortmund, Tuchel confirms
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite's agent arrives to open talks
- LAUREUS 2020 Messi and Lewis Hamilton share Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award