GETAFE 0 - ATLÉTICO MADRID 1
Carrasco in uphill battle to make PSV and Real clashes
The Atleti man picked up a "grade II sprain of the external lateral ligament of the right ankle joint" in Sunday's league win over Getafe.
Atlético Madrid's Yannick Ferreira Carrasco was forced off injured in the second half of Los Rojiblancos' 1-0 La Liga victory over Getafe on Sunday.
- Dalian Yifang
Carrasco went over on his ankle as he attempted to block a cross in the 54th minute of the encounter at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez, and immediately called for medical assistance before being stretchered off in a state of visible discomfort.
Following the match, Atlético issued a medical report stating that the Belgian had suffered a "grade II sprain of the external lateral ligament of the right ankle joint", a diagnosis that normally means at least two weeks out of action.
Carrasco's fitness blow comes just 10 days before Atleti's Champions League last-16 first leg with PSV Eindhoven and just under a fortnight ahead of the Madrid derby against Real, leaving the player with an uphill battle to be fit for the crunch fixtures.
With Tiago Mendes, Augusto Fernández, Stefan Savic and Thomas Partey already out injured, the former Monaco man adds his name to a growing list of Atlético casualties.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January